Pages

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Fear

I'm afraid of lightning. 

Its so unpredictable. Lightning chooses to strike at random, constantly touching down at different plots of earth. It burns the ground and leaves the land black and charred. The light is bright and it comes and goes so fast my eye can't keep up with it. 

Then right after the lightning strikes thunder echoes across the land, punishing my ears and breaking the silence that surrounds me. It cracks the earth and makes the ground shake underneath my feet. It spreads until it dies and then waits for another bolt of lightning to bring it alive again. 

I'm scared of lightning and thunder. Both remind me of you. And that's probably why it scares me. 

3 comments:

  1. "both remind me of you".

    this made me hear thunder. dean wolfe makin it rain.
    lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both remind me of you. And that is probably why it scares me.

    YES YES YES.

    ReplyDelete